About Paul Mock
I am married to Nancy Mock, we have 8 children, 4 of whom we adopted when I was 60, and 10 grandchildren. I was born in Clayton, NM to a rancher and was raised a rancher. At age 13, my dad was run over by a car and was bed-ridden for more than a year and disabled for life. During the time he was bed-ridden, I fed cattle, mended fences & windmills, running the ranch until I ended up leasing the ranch from my parents. I helped start a rural fire department in the 1980’s. Over the course of starting the fire department covering 1600 square miles, I learned to deal with many different state and county government entities. I had to obtain funding, purchase fire equipment and set up 3 fire stations. I was the fire chief for several years, all while tending to my ranch.
In 1987, I started working as a Detention Officer for a Sheriff’s Department. I graduated from Western Technical Institute and worked as a HVAC technician. Afterward I did contract work for farmers and ranchers while overseeing my mother’s ranch. In 1996, I graduated from Charis Bible College in Colorado Springs, CO. My wife and I worked as Pilot Car Escorts for oversized loads while attending school and afterward. We moved to Denver, CO, where I became a Security Officer for a large grocery store chain until I retired at which time we moved to Arizona and adopted 4 of our children. I have been volunteering conducting Bible studies in jails for many years.
As District 1 Supervisor, I want to provide for all Coconino County residents:
- Essential services (ie: road maintenance and snow removal);
- Reduce or change the bureaucracy regulations and zoning codes that hinder or impede homeowners from completing their homes or prevent start-up businesses or progression of already established businesses;
- Support programs that help individuals recover from drug and alcohol problems, reduce recidivism (the tendency of a convicted criminal to reoffend) and receive job trading to re-enter the work force;
- Utilization of Health and Human Services which helps financially in times of emergency with things like food, shelter and utilities.
Vote for me because:
- I have experience! My experience and interaction with all types of people in many walks of life has prepared me to understand people’s needs and to make compassionate decisions for the best interests of all involved.
- I am accessible! I am open to listening to the concerns of all constituents within my district. Reach out to me through any of the following (just hover over the words to view and click the link):
- In people’s right for their children’s schooling whether that be –
- Home school
- Private school
- Charter school
- Their choice of Public school
- ALL life is precious, especially the unborn. I am for defunding taxpayer payed abortions. America is missing over 62 million of our population due to abortions. The world is missing over 1.5 billion people. http://www.usabortionclock.org/
- Increased law enforcement funding is necessary to meet increased civil threats.
- I don’t believe in telling law enforcement to stand down and not enforce the rule of law.
- I do believe in increased officer vetting to weed out poor or dangerous actors.
- We should be able to go to the store without being afraid of harassment by trouble-makers.
- In the right to peaceably assemble — I don’t believe people have a right to riot, enter private homes, loot and/or burn businesses, government buildings or churches, or destroy private or public property.
I believe in the County maintaining public roads for a larger percentage of the people.
- I will protect the Constitution as the Founding Fathers intended it, most specifically, the 2nd Amendment.
“If you do not take interest in the affairs of your government, then you are doomed to live under the rule of fools.” Plato